- CCL Industries acquired Imprint Plus for $25 million in April 2018.
- Imprint engaged Capital West Partners (IMAP Canada) to explore a sale of the business as the founders were looking to retire.
- Following a comprehensive transaction process, CCL Industries was selected to acquire the business, given their industry expertise, compelling valuation and ability to continue the company’s legacy.
- Imprint Plus is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of custom name badge systems, signage systems and related accessories.
- CCL Industries, a multi‐national manufacturer of specialty packaging and pressure sensitive materials, has been making numerous add‐on acquisitions and Imprint Plus provided a strong addition to its product offering.
- There has been increased M&A activity in the promotional products space.
- CCL Industries has made a number of acquisitions of name‐badge and specialty packaging material manufacturers and is actively seeking additional acquisition candidates.
- Private equity interest for niche manufacturing businesses is very robust.
- Total Enterprise Value = $25 million CAD1
- TEV/EBITDA = 6.25x.
- Capital West Partners (IMAP Canada) was the exclusive Financial Advisor to Imprint Plus and handled all aspects of the transaction process.
- Running a comprehensive transaction process, a number of private equity and strategic buyers were contacted. Numerous offers were received and through the deal tension generated by the transaction process, Imprint Plus received a strong valuation from a highly regarded industry buyer.
- Capital West Partners has considerable transaction expertise with niche manufacturing businesses, as well as a strong understanding of the key private equity participants in the space.
Marla Kott, Former President of Imprint Plus:
“Capital West Partners ran a great transaction process and solicited numerous strong offers for our Company. They helped us throughout the process and were critical in the successful completion of this transaction.”