QuattroR, a private equity fund that promotes the development of medium-large Italian companies, and Consorzio Casalasco del Pomodoro (CCdP), Italian leader in the cultivation, processing and distribution of industrial tomatoes, have signed an important investment agreement. The main objective is to combine the values of the Italian agricultural supply chain with a financial operator specialized in capital strengthening and supporting the growth of excellent Italian companies with the aim of creating one of the first international groups in the sector.
The agreement provides for the establishment of a Newco, CASALASCO S.p.A., 51% owned by the agricultural part and the remaining 49% by QuattroR.
Founded in 1977 in Rivarolo del Re, in the province of Cremona, as an organization of tomato producers, CCdP today represents the first integrated Italian supply chain for the cultivation and processing of industrial tomatoes. Today CCdP has about 550 farms associated that cultivate 7,000 hectares of land located in the provinces of Piacenza, Cremona, Parma and Mantua. In addition to co-packing activities for the most important international food groups, CCdP owns the Pomì and De Rica brands and is present as an exporter in over 60 countries around the world.
In 2020 the Company generated a turnover of €338m.
Vitale acted as financial advisor to Consorzio Casalasco del Pomodoro, società agricola cooperativa, supporting it in the due diligence process, in the structuring of the operation and in the negotiation.
Deal value: €100m