Mike Schumacher joined Capstone Partners in January 2017 from a private merchant bank that he co-founded in 2014, where he served as Head of Advisory Services.
Over the course of Mr. Schumacher’s 22-year investment banking career, he has advised, evaluated and worked with companies and financial sponsors across various industries and sizes. Mr. Schumacher has completed transactions totaling over $10 billion in value, including debt, equity and strategic advisory transactions. His sector expertise is Metals & Metals Processing as well as Packaging.
Mike has covered the Light Industrials space for 12 years at middle market investment banks. Previously, Mr. Schumacher was with Morgan Stanley, where he served as a Vice President focusing on Heavy Industrials in North America as well as Asia. Mr. Schumacher started his career with Bear, Stearns in equity research and debt capital markets in New York and Hong Kong.
Prior Firm Deal Experience:
- Exclusive financial advisor to Caligor on its sale to Diversis Capital
- Exclusive financial advisor to General Tools & Instruments on its sale to High Road Capital Partners
- Exclusive financial advisor to C&D Technologies on its sale to Angelo Gordon
- Exclusive financial advisor to Macquarie Capital on its acquisition of Dynacast
- Exclusive financial advisor to Silver Lake on its acquisition of IPC Raised more than $3.75Bn in acquisition financing for Bain Capital, Carlyle, JLL, Apollo, among others
Mike earned an AB in Economics with Honors from the University of Chicago, an MBA in Finance from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School and an MA in International Affairs from the University of Pennsylvania’s Lauder Institute. He speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese, which he began studying whilst at St. Louis U. High.