- IMAP Germany advised Ewald Schiller, founder of the Lower Bavarian Schiller Group, on the sale of his company to VESCON Automation Group GmbH, a portfolio company of Quadriga Capital.
- Mr. Schiller was looking for a sustainable solution to secure his succession, whilst remaining connected to the business as a managing director and minority shareholder.
- Schiller Group is one of the leading suppliers of automation solutions in intralogistics and assembly, with core competencies in electronics, software and complementary mechanics. The company employs over 200 people at its headquarters in Osterhofen and 3 other locations in the immediate vicinity.
- VESCON Automation Group will consist of Schiller and VESCON Group, an automation specialist and engineering service provider headquartered in Frankenthal near Mannheim. Together, both companies have over 700 employees and a turnover in excess of €100 million.
- Quadriga Capital is a German Private Equity company focused on midsized growth companies with sustainable expansion potential.
- The global market for factory and process automation is growing at roughly 4.0% p.a., driven by underlying industry growth, as well as global mega trends such as the Internet of Things.
- Nine out of ten European industrial companies are expected to further invest in the digitalization and automation of factories within the next 5 years.
- The fragmented industrial automation market offers significant opportunities both in Europe and internationally.
§ Due to the attractive market outlook and growth potential, as well as a high profitability, assets in the industrial automation sector are achieving premium valuations in the current market.
- For mid-sized companies with a good market position, high single-digit EBITDA multiples can be achieved.
- IMAP has closed 92 transactions in the Industrials sector since 2015
- IMAP Germany exclusively advised the company founder and supported him in structuring, negotiating and concluding the transaction process.
- The investor short list focused on strategic investors both in Germany and abroad, as well as selected independent financial and private investors focused on mid-sized growth companies.
- IMAP Germany drew upon its extensive M&A experience within the sector, having successfully completed several transactions in the industrial automation technology field.
Ewald Schiller, Founder and Managing Director, Schiller Group:
“I have been impressed by IMAP’s professional performance throughout the entire sales process. The outcome was successful and IMAP was of great assistance identifying and securing the most suitable investor for our company. I am thankful I had IMAP by my side whilst taking this important step, not only for me personally, but also for the company and its employees.“